Australian Curriculum Links:
- TBC in 2013
- Ask: Who knows what opposite colours/inverted colour mean?
- Show work sample of what the students will be creating
- Explain work sample to students.*What kind of crayon was used?Theme is Christmas.
Concept is opposite colours/inverted colours
Write steps on white board:
- Fold paper in half. Then in half again. Open paper up to fold down horizontally. (Demonstrate)
- Choose 2 Christmas symbols to draw in each row
- Choose 2 colours for the top row and 2 colours for the bottom row
- Colour in the pictures making sure each box is OPPOSITE colours to the box next to it
*Tell students if they are using a light and dark colour to use the dark colour first, otherwise the colours will get mixed together
- Students start their own opposite colour Christmas pictures.*Put ideas of pictures on white board to assist studentsStudents choose colours and colour in their pictures
1. Class comes together and choose a few students to hold their work up to show the class.
2. Ask students to give positive feedback on the:
*choice of colours
*choice of pictures
*drawing of the pictures
- Take note of students who gave a positive comment on other work.
- Did students understand concept of inverting colours? Does their artwork show this?
- Work sample of inverted colour, White board, A3 paper, Crayons, pencils, textas