This is an adapted lesson from http://blockcad.net/. In this lesson students use the BlockCad software to build and design a model of a house, building or whatever they like. From there, they will investigate the volume, area and surface area of their design.
Australian Curriculum Links:
- Refresh with students (Depending on level) the area you want to focus on eg. Surface Area, Volume etc. and recap how to calculate these.
- Run through the hand out sheet and clarify what is expected of the students.
- Set a success criteria for the students to adhere to and so they know what’s expected of them. (this will vary according to the needs of your class).
- Get students to present their findings to the class
- Work Samples
- A Job at Legoland Handout sheet with step by step instructions
If you like this lesson, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter and Facebook or leave a comment below.