Summary of Unit of Work:
Australian Curriculum Links:
- Conduct chance experiments, identify and describe possible outcomes and recognise variation in results (ACMSP067)
- Identify questions or issues for categorical variables. Identify data sources and plan methods of data collection and recording(ACMSP068)
- Collect data, organise into categories and create displays using lists, tables, picture graphs and simple column graphs, with and without the use of digital technologies (ACMSP069)
- Interpret and compare data displays(ACMSP070)
*** Please note that additional links to the Australian Curriculum also exist in other year levels, but the main links are listed above.
Unit of Work Ideas and Activities:
- Anecdotal assessment of student work;
- Annotated work samples from workbooks;
- Possibly collate all information into some sort of presentation to share with the class.
- IWB as display
- Sticky notes
- 2 Packets of Jelly Beans
- Clothes/Beanbags for the ‘Fair Race Game’
- Throwing objects for the ‘kal-ka-doon kee-an’ game
- Data software such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers on iOS, etc.
- Coloured Paper
- Zip lock bags
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.