Summary of Unit of Work:
Australian Curriculum Links:
- Create texts that adapt language features and patterns encountered in literary texts, for example characterisation, rhyme, rhythm, mood, music, sound effects and dialogue (ACELT1791)
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts demonstrating increasing control over text structures and language features and selecting print,and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1682)
- Reread and edit texts for meaning, appropriate structure, grammatical choices and punctuation(ACELY1683)
*** Please note that additional links to the Australian Curriculum also exist in other year levels, but the main links are listed above.
Grade 3 Poetry Ideas Unit:
- Anecdotal assessment of student work;
- Annotated work samples from workbooks.
- Links in Slideshare above
- Poetry Magnets (iPad App) https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/poetry- magnets/id369944301?mt=8
- Coloured paper
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.