Summary of Ideas and Activities:
In this sequence of multiplication and division activities, students get to participate in fun activities, ranging from hands-on (concrete material) work, through to reinforcement practice on iPads. The series of activities is easily adaptable for other year levels and is sure to have your kids loving multiplication and division in no time.
This series of activities contributed by the wonderful Joanne Villis from Intertech Education.
Australian Curriculum Links:
Year 3 Mathematics (Number and Algebra):
Year 4 Mathematics (Number and Algebra):
- Investigate number sequences involving multiples of 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (ACMNA074)
- Recall multiplication facts up to 10 × 10 and related division facts (ACMNA075)
- Develop efficient mental and written strategies and use appropriate digital technologies formultiplication and for division where there is noremainder (ACMNA076)
Multiplication and Division Teaching Ideas and Activities:
- SPLAT SQUARE (External Link)
- QR Stuff – To Generate a QR Code for kids to revise the lesson (External Link)
- MathAids.com (Word Problem Generator)
- Grid Paper
- iPad Apps:
- Online Games:
- Kinder Circles
- Paper Plates
- Whiteboard Markers
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.