Summary of AFL Unit of Work:
In this highly detailed unit and sequence of lesson plans, students learn all of the specialised movement skills and theory behind the sport of AFL Football. From the structure of the field, to the fundamental skills that are required (handball, kick, dodge, tackle, etc) to play the game. This is an ideal unit for years 8, 9 and 10 but could also be used in other areas.
Australian Curriculum Links:
Movement and Physical Activity:
- Compose and perform movement sequences for specific purposes in a variety of contexts (ACPMP081)
- Practise, apply and transfer movement concepts and strategies(ACPMP082)
- Practise and apply personal and social skills when undertaking a range of roles in physical activities (ACPMP086)
- Perform and refine specialised movement skills in challenging movement situations (ACPMP099)
- Evaluate own and others’ movement compositions, and provide and applyfeedback in order to enhance performance situations (ACPMP100)
- Develop, implement and evaluate movement concepts and strategies for successful outcomes (ACPMP101)
Download the Lesson Plans Below:
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.
Feature Image Source: http://aflnz.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/mb2501_1_0442-561×375.jpg