Summary of Lesson Plan:
The aim of this lesson is for students to gain an understanding of Australia’s involvement in WW2. An analysis of PM Menzies’ announcement and declaration of War. Students will describe their own feelings and attitudes towards the War.
Australian Curriculum Links:
- identifies and evaluates the usefulness of sources in the historical inquiry process HT5-5
- selects and uses appropriate oral, written, visual and digital forms to communicate effectively about the past for different audiences HT5-10
- explain why Australians enlisted to fight in both wars
Download all of the lesson-related resources below:
- Year 9 History Lesson Plan – Robert Menzies and Australia’s Involvement in WW2 (DOCX)
- Prime Minister, Robert Menzies announces Australia’s involvement in WW II. http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.