Summary of Lesson Plan:
This lesson provides students with the opportunity to investigate and explore different countries through researching different Christmas traditions from each respective country. This lesson was designed for a year 3/4 composite class, has been tested and worked well with high student engagement across higher year levels.
Australian Curriculum Links:
Year 3 Geography/English:
- Locate relevant information from sources provided (ACHHS068)
- Use a range of communication forms (oral, graphic, written) and digital technologies (ACHHS071)
- Celebrations and commemorations in other places around the world; for example, Bastille Day in France, Independence Day in the USA, including those that are observed in Australia such as Chinese New Year, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan (ACHHK064)
- Write using joined letters that are clearly formed and consistent in size (ACELY1684)
- Listen to and contribute to conversations and discussions to share information and ideas and negotiate in collaborative situations (ACELY1676)
Year 4 Geography/English:
- Locate relevant information from sources provided (ACHHS084)
- Use a range of communication forms (oral, graphic, written) and digital technologies (ACHHS087)
- Identify features of online texts that enhance readability including text, navigation, links, graphics and layout (ACELA1793)
- Write using clearly‐formed joined letters, and develop increased fluency and automaticity (ACELY1696)
Download the Full Lesson Plan Sequence and Resources Below:
If you like this lesson plan, or have an idea to improve it, please consider sharing it on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook or leave a comment below.